Hazrat Inayat Khan Health Centre
The socio-economic status of Basti Hazrat Nizamuddin & its neighborhood is poor, as is the status of health. Incidence of disease is high due to unhygienic conditions, congestion, ill ventilated and overcrowded housing, and poverty. The nutritional status is also inadequate due to poor diet and poverty. There are no quality health-care providers in the area either. Women & children are especially vulnerable as they are unable to access healthcare facilities outside the basti that are available at a distance of 5 km, due to cultural constraints.
So there is a need:
- To provide medical aid to the communities locally in the basti.
- To help women & children access the hospital facilities.
- To educate the community about specific diseases so that they can take preventive measures and are able to take prompt action in case of sickness as well.
- To help improve their nutritional status.
- To control the high incidence of tuberculosis (TB) in the basti.
- To promote family planning.
- To detect and treat reproductive tract infections (RTI).
- To promote antenatal services.
- To promote dental health.
In order to respond to these needs, The Hazrat Inayat Khan Health Centre provides for over 9000 patients a year, providing services from its daily clinic, weekly eye service, dental clinic, direct observation treatment centre, cancer screening and awareness camps and immunization programme.